We are a small, Ann Arbor-based company that specializes in web applications and web design + development. We are looking for someone to help us to discover and reach out to new prospects, and take them all the way to close. Once sold, the production team takes over.
An inside sales rep will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. Typical sales will be a mix of recurring support retainers and greenfield projects. You must be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, emailing and quickly responding, potentially working with channel partners, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales.
While professional services or digital agency selling experience is greatly preferred, we are willing to consider candidates who have other proven experience in sales. Regardless, the ideal candidate is very organized, very self-directed, strong with technology, and able to write well. Your ability to manage, and close multiple deals at any time will be key for your success.
This is a full time role, and would quickly transition into benefits-eligible upon meeting ramp-up KPIs and goals.
• Develop new leads and identify key contacts
• Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
• Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
• Maintain and expand your database of prospects within your assigned territory
• Keep CRM up to date at all times
• Keep management informed of all activity, including timely preparation of reports
• Maintain and improve quality results by following standards; recommending improved policies and procedures
• Understand customer needs and requirements
• Perform effective online demos to prospects
• Work with production staff to formulate ballparks and estimates
• Close sales and achieve quotas
• Travel as necessary to facilitate deals
• Other duties as assigned
Quotas + Ramp
Do you like being told the average rep only hits 60% of their quota, and reps are expected to start closing big deals in month one? We do not like unrealistic expectations either.
Our quotas are set conservatively with the expectation that they are consistently hittable.
We progressively ramp you up over a long horizon to help you succeed. But if you are a quick learner, you are immediately eligible for commissions and bonuses.
- Strong, yet friendly and approachable in person, on the phone, and over email; excellent communication skills
- Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools
- Experience working with Salesforce, Hubspot, or similar CRM
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- BA/BS degree (preferred) or Associates in marketing, business, finance, or engineering, or equivalent experience
- Comfortable with technology
Things that will make you stand out
- Proven inside sales experience
- Proven lead gen experience
- Experience dialing dozens of calls and sending dozens of emails per day
- Track record of meeting quotas
This position may have occasional travel. However, it is mainly an office-based role. No travel is currently envisioned, but the occasional trade show, client visit, or other off-site task may come up and necessitate travel as required.
Our office is in downtown Ann Arbor, conveniently located near the library, public transit hub, and multiple public parking garages. This role is expected in a hybrid arrangement with both in-office and work from home. Fully remote can be ok for the right person.
This is a full time base plus commission and bonuses with on-track earnings targeting just over $68k. We do not cap your commission earnings and have generous accelerators for exceeding quotas.
All full-time staff are eligible for health care, vacation, and holidays, among other benefits, once ramped.
This position may be filled at a lower grade and base for the right candidate, depending on skills and experience.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume in text, rich text, or pdf format. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
This posting will be open until filled.